Term paper topicsCustom writing servicesWriting a research paper
What Is The MLA Research Paper Format: Tips For Newbies
There are two basic popular styles of research formatting, the APA and the MLA. Both of them have every distinct and regimented rules. You should find a handbook and buy or bookmark it for the many rules, but for a quick reference, feel free to use our newbie tips.
- - Spacing-the entire paper is double-spaced
- - Abstract-there is no abstract
- - Font-the font will be very plain such as Arial or Times New Roman, it will be black ink, and it will be size 12.
- - Pages-the teacher will give you the required length of the paper
- - The thesis statement-the teacher will also tell you how many main points to have in the thesis statement. Both formatting styles do require a thesis statement.
- - There are different styles of in text citations depending on the source used, but if you used information from a book that was found on page 201, it would look like this: (Hemingway 201). The parentheses begin after the last letter of the last word in the sentence you have referenced. If you do not know the author’s last name, you would then go to the book tile, then if you did not know that title, you could use a link address.
- - Each page will have your last name and the page number in the upper right corner. It would look like this: Smith 2.
- - All paper margins are one inch
- - There is no title page or cover letter. Instead, on the first page of writing in the left corner, you will place:
- 1.Your name
- 2. Teacher name
- 3. Subject
- 4. Date
It looks like this:
12 March 2015
- - You will have a Works Cited style reference sheet. The teacher can decide whether to have it annotated or not. An annotation is a brief description, two-three sentences, telling why and here you used the fact.
- - Sources-with either style it is important that you use sources which are considered credible and academic. Use the media center for ease in finding reference materials.
- - You will probably have to submit to your teacher many materials via hard copies and electronic copies. Most teachers will use a plagiarism check. And some teachers will ask you to build a Works Cited at an electronic site. The hard copies will probably include the sources, rough draft, final draft, and the outline.
We are proud of our seasoned crew of professional academic writers, editors and proofreads at http://paperwritingpros.com/. Our main objective is to create an open, free and useful educational resource for college and graduate students.
Custom writing help
The resources above offer extensive writing assistance for students around the world. Some of these websites are for free use, while others provide professional custom essay and term paper writing aid for a fee.